‘Wonder Woman’ Animated Film Returns In A Commemorative Edition
The upcoming Wonder Woman live-action movie will have to go a long way to outdo the origin story from the 2009 animated film. Warner Bros. is looking to take advantage of the upcoming movie and 75th anniversary festivities by reissuing this classic with some shiny new bonus features.
From the press release:
Return to the realm of Amazonian warriors, Greek gods and mythological creatures – all unleashed on modern civilization – as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment honors the world’s greatest female super hero with the release of Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition. The feature-length, PG-13 rated animated film, one of the best-reviewed entries in the decade-long history of the DC Universe Original Movies, will be distributed on Digital HD on May 2, 2017 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on May 16, 2017.
Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP) starting May 16, 2017. The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes copies of the film on Blu-ray Disc, DVD and Digital HD.
On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a princess of untold beauty, grace and strength – Diana. When U.S. fighter pilot Steve Trevor crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the God of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge by starting a World War that will last for centuries and wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons. It is up to Diana to save her people and the world – by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!
- Featurette – What Makes A Wonder Woman: For 75 years, Wonder Woman has resonated with audiences because of her loving nature and quest for truth. Hear some of her biggest fans and fellow creators discuss how her qualities have crafted her into the icon we know today.
- Sneak Peek – Batman and Harley Quinn: Sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Batman and Harley Quinn, featuring the talented filmmakers and voice cast.
- Creative Team Commentary: Scene and film analysis by producers Bruce Timm & Gregory Noveck, director Lauren Montgomery and screenwriter Michael Jelenic.
- Featurette – Wonder Woman: A Subversive Dream – A definitive look at a psychologist’s dream, and the rich history of one of the pillars of DC Comics.
- Featurette – Wonder Woman: Daughter of Myth – This revealing documentary explores the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero.
A Brand and Digital Marketer by day, a tech enthusiastic social media-friendly geek who produces content and can’t live without films by night.
In short, I notice things for a living and try to point them out to people. I write about movies, television especially superhero films, pop culture and Hollywood. When not listening to start-up pitches, I play with puppies and pretend to like craft beer.
You can follow me at the below social media handles. Don’t forget to keep your sense of humor.